Saturday, August 4, 2007

What it means to be a librarian


At the end of May, 2007, I officially earned my masters in library science! I am now a librarian. Since I no longer have to read books for class, study or write papers I have lots of time to read! During this current reading kick I have been reading a book a week. In this blog I am going to share with you a year of reading through the eyes of a librarian. I am going to tell you a little bit about me so that my reading habits make some sense:

1.) I'm 4 1/2 months pregant (so a few mother and baby books may appear)
2.) I love mysteries (I grew up on Nancy Drew, Agatha Christie and Mary Higgins Clark)
3.) I love to cook and read both cooking magazines and books.
4.) I read a lot of fiction!
5.) I work at a library for special needs children.



Goal:
1.) To read a book a week.
2.) To read a variety of books (fiction, non-fiction, children's books, young adult books, mystery, history, political, religious, etc.)
3.) To report on these books by writing mini summaries and reviews (remember these are my opinions).
4.) Post links to other reviews, articles, etc.


Here is a list of the books I have read in the past few summer months:
1.) A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khlad Hosseini
2.) Rules
3.) The Higher Power of Lucky
4.) Penny from Heaven
5.) Hattie Big Sky
6.) The Thousand Secret Senses
7.) What to Expect when you're expecting-in progress
8.) The Baby Whisperer
9.) The Happiest Baby on the Block -in progress
10.) Savannah Blues
11.) The Wonder Spot by Melissa Banks
12.) Harry Potter Book #2
13.) The Thirteenth Tale
14.) The Friday Night Knitting Club
15.) The Book Thief-in progress

0 comments: